Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Dinner

Max is usually in bed long before Justin and I start making our dinner. But now that he is eating more and more foods, I decided we should try eating as a family. So, tonight we made some kid-friendly fare: meatloaf, mac 'n cheese and green beans. I ended up making meatloaf balls because I needed to make some without onions for Max, and I wanted everything to be the same size to maximize oven time. (Plus, meatballs are perfect for freezing and pulling out one at a time for Max's meals. I have made them with turkey and sweet potato and chicken and apple. This was his first experience with beef.)
I think this was Max's favorite meal ever. He kept shoveling it in, and I was a little worried he might overeat. Although a significant amount ended up on the floor.
It was a fun experience, and we're going to try to do it more often. But it was also a lot of work, especially because Justin was at work when I started cooking, and Max was my little helper in the kitchen. Luckily, he was able to entertain himself while I was busy cooking.

1 comment:

  1. adorable. so important to include little ones in 'real' meals, with 'real' food. difficult, but important. good for you!

    ReplyDelete